Learn to love yourselves, others, and the world.
Love is more than a feeling. Love is caring and affection displayed as positive action. To love is to treat others and all life with respect, honesty, loyalty, and other positive behaviors of love. But to genuinely give love to others we must first give love ourselves.
What “I Love You” Really Means
It is easy to say “I love you” to the people we love. But to actually love them consistently and unconditionally is more challenging. My 8-page guide, and companion audio, looks at four aspects of love you may not have thought about, such as:
- Love makes agreements; ego has expectations.
- Love lets go.
- Love does not expect perfection.
- Love looks for ways to heal betrayal.
101 Ways to Love Yourself
One of the most important lessons I learned is that to love others well, we have to love ourselves first. Caring for ourselves first is not selfish as this allows us to know what it feels like to be cared for. My 8-page guide provides 101 ways to love yourself, including the following:
- Honestly accept yourself.
- Embrace the wide range of your emotions.
- Let go of the notion you can change or control others.
- Question beliefs that do not resonate with your heart.
Set Boundaries Out of Love for Yourself
While all relationships have challenges, the dishonest or abusive actions of other people can never be love, which is expressed only positively. Being silent about unloving behavior is not how to care for someone, or ourselves. My 9-page guide will teach you four steps for setting boundaries that will help you have healthy relationships:
- Define acceptable behavior.
- Accept that doing nothing about unloving behavior is condoning it.
- Calmly and clearly express your feelings.
- Be comfortable with not being popular.
101 Ways to Love Others
We often think of showing our love for others by doing something for them like giving flowers on an anniversary or running errands. While it is positive to express your fondness this way, it is how you BE in a relationship that truly expresses your love. My 10-page guide offers 101 ways to BE in a relationship with others, such as:
- Listen as you want to be heard.
- Remain calm in the midst of a crisis.
- Be responsible for your mind, which has a mind of its own.
Help Protect the Heart of Those You Love
There is a business side to loving that you and I cannot ignore just because we do not want to talk about it or face our own mortality. To truly love others is to do everything within our power to prevent them from suffering should we pass away or be diagnosed with a life-threatening illness. My 8-page guide will help you:
- Identify the legal documents you need.
- Make the right decisions for your loved ones.
- Suggest ways to secure your family financially.
- Give you peace of mind.
Intro to Lead with Your Heart
I share stories, some funny and embarrassing, some sad and poignant, but all of them hopefully inspiring. These are the lessons I learned, the questions I asked, the mistakes I made, the limitations I overcame, and the realizations I had that moved me from living egoistically and irresponsibly to putting my accountable heart out front.
Expressing Our Kind Hearts
His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama, Tenzin Gyatso, said, “My religion is simple. My religion is kindness.” How beautifully humble and deeply empowering. My 11-page guide offers ideas about how to express your kind heart in daily life, such as:
- Teaching children to be gentle.
- Making instant connections through a smile.
- Refusing to gossip about anyone.
- Supporting one another’s individuality.